Nov. 28: Hot Cranberry Sipper
Best of Bridge Slow Cooker Cookbook
Published Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:12AM EST
Last Updated Friday, November 30, 2012 1:48PM EST
A warm welcome after skating, skiing, skateboarding or shoveling the sidewalk!
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 3 inch (7.5 cm) cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup packed brown sugar (125 ml)
- 6 cups red cranberry cocktail (1.5 L)
- 3 cups orange juice (750 ml)
- 1 cup dark rum (optional) (250 ml)
- ¼ cup orange liqueur (optional) (60 ml)
- In a 3 ½ to 4 quart slow cooker, combine cloves, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, cranberry cocktail and orange juice.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, until steaming hot.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out and discard cloves and cinnamon.
- If desired, stir in rum and orange liqueur.
- Set the slow cooker to keep warm.
- Serves 8.
Page 57 in the Best of Bridge Slow Cooker Cookbook.