Easy meals to get you ready for a spa day
Jeffrey Wilfong, Executive chef, Ste. Anne's Spa
Published Monday, January 18, 2016 6:30AM EST
Pear and Herb Smoothie
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1.5 cup of kale
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cups mint
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1tbsp minced ginger
- Ice, to thicken
Add all ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth
Capresse on a skewer
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- 8 ounces bocconcini
- Small leaves from about 1/2 a bunch of basil, rinsed and dried
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a medium mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt, and gently toss to coat.
- Add the bocconcini to a second medium mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt, and gently to toss to coat.
- Thread the tomatoes, bocconcini, and basil onto the skewers in this order: tomato, basil (fold larger leaves in half), bocconcini, tomato, basil, bocconcini. Repeat with the remaining skewers. Arrange on a platter.
Spinach dip with veggies in baguettes
Makes 4 cups
- 10 oz. packed fresh chopped baby spinach
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. fresh aioli
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 oz minced garlic
- 8 oz. sundried tomato chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Veggie sticks
- Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours.
- First, cut the rounded end off the baguette. To figure out where to cut the baguette you can measure two pieces of veggies to eyeball how tall you will need the baguette. Cut the baguette just a bit shorter than the two veggie sticks.
- Cut the baguette on the bias.
- You should now have two pieces.
- With your hands, pull out a small amount of the baguette to produce a well.
- Press the bottom bread down to create a base for the dip. Spoon the spinach dip and add the veggie sticks.
- Fill each baguette with spinach dip. Add your choice of veggie sticks.
Smoked Salmon Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 4 crisp red apples (cored)
- ½ cucumber (seeded)
- 6 radishes (cleaned)
- 6 slices smoked salmon cut length ways and rolled
- ½ oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs of dill for garnish
- 12 oz Greek yogurt
- Wash and wipe your apples clean, core the apples, cut apples length ways in half and julienne seven halves reserving a half to slice as garnish
- Wash and wipe cucumber clean, cut in half, then cut length way so both sides show the seeds, with a spoon scoop out seeds and discard. Julienne your cumber, reserving the last 1 inch to slice for garnish.
- Wash and wipe clean radishes. Trim the end of the radish to create a flat bottom and top. Cut the radish in half and julienne.
- Chop dill, keeping four sprigs for garnish.
- Combine the apples, cucumber and radish in a bowl and squeeze your fresh lemon, add chopped dill and salt and pepper. Toss all ingredients to coat all.
- In 4 shallow stem less wine glasses place equal amounts of your apple slaw.
- Pour equal parts of the yogurt atop each
- Roll your salmon to look like roses and place in a triangle inside the glass
- Add your dill sprig and slices of apple, cucumber and radish as garnish