Easy Eats: 3 simple dishes you can make at home
Colin & Justin, interior designer
Published Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:35AM EDT
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- stalk celery, chopped
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Spread one-quarter cup of marinara sauce over a 10-inch whole-wheat tortilla, sprinkle one ounce of cheese and any toppings you like heat up, and enjoy
- Baking potatoes
- Wash and pierce the potatoes using a fork.
- Individually wrap them in tin foil, and bake for 40-45 minutes on the barbecue over high heat.
- Cut open potatoes with a knife to check doneness, they will be hot so be careful for the steam. The skin should be soft and open up easily.
- Add toppings and enjoy