Aug. 29, 2012: Crab and Lobster Bake
Chef Ned Bell
Published Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:28PM EDT
Chef Ned Bell whips up a family-style crab and lobster bake to enjoy on the upcoming Labour Day weekend.
Coast to Coast Crab and Lobster Bake, Spicy Blueberry, Honey and Balsamic Butter
Ingredients for the Bake:
- 1.5 lb West Coast Dungeness crab
- 1-1.5 lb East Coast lobster
- Baby red and white potatoes
- Ears of fresh ‘Peaches & Cream’ corn
Boil everything together in salted water for 10 minutes. Serve with fresh bread or biscuits and a giant perfect salad.
Ingredients for Spicy Blueberry Butter:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 lb soft salted butter
- 2 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp roasted garlic
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- Juice and zest of one lime or lemon
Blend all the ingredients together and roll in saran wrap. Chill or freeze the butter – it’s great on grilled or roasted meats or fish, vegetables or grilled or baked tofu.