Zesty Edamame and Quinoa Tabbouleh
Published Monday, January 7, 2013 7:40AM EST
Last Updated Monday, January 7, 2013 7:47AM EST
- 1 bag (1.1 lb/500 g) frozen edamame
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp (2mL) coarse sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) red pepper flakes
Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add edamame and return water to a boil. Continue to boil for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat and drain.
Place edamame in a serving bowl and toss with lemon zest, salt and red pepper flakes. Serve warm.
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) diced cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped mint
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped tomato
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp (2 mL) coarse sea salt, or to taste
In a large bowl, toss together quinoa, cucumber, parsley, mint, tomato, green onion, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.