Steven Skurka's top 10 legal stories of 2012
Published Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:47AM EST
Several legal stories made headlines and set precedents in 2012. Here is Steven Skurka's list of the top legal stories of 2012.
- Amanda Todd/cyberbullying
- Raffery murder trial
- Shafia murder trial
- Magnotta body parts case
- Mentally ill killers and their release
- Supreme Court of Canada hears an end of life case
- Final report of The Missing Women Inquiry in B.C.
- Supreme Court of Canada upholds Canada's anti-terrorism laws
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's conflict of interest hearing
- Ontario Court of Appeal strikes down parts of Canada's anti-prostitution laws