Nov. 28: Crab and Artichoke Dip
Best of Bridge Slow Cooker Cookbook
Published Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:20AM EST
Last Updated Friday, November 30, 2012 1:48PM EST
A perennial crowd pleaser. Serve with your favourite chips, crackers, or vegetables.
- 1 Jar (12 oz/340 ml) marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed and softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz cooked crabmeat, chopped
- In a 2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine artichokes, garlic, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan and cayenne.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 ½ to 2 hours, stirring twice, until hot and bubbly.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, until heated through. Stir well.
- If desired, season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Makes about 3 cups.
Page 53 in the Best of Bridge Slow Cooker Cookbook.