Food, drink, and desserts being served at TIFF this year
Published Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:34AM EDT
There's more than just popcorn being served at the Toronto International Film Festival. Take a look at some of the special menu items created for the stars.
Created by Thomas Pelleck, executive chef, Four Seasons Hotel Toronto; Trevor Burnett, mixologist; Ann Zzaja, master chocolatier
Chicken Pot Pie - Makes 4 Pot Pies
- 3 ea 7-9 oz chicken breast
- 1/2 cup blanched diced celery (still crunchy!)
- 1/2 cup blanched diced carrot (still crunchy!)
- 1/2 cup blanched green peas (still crunchy!)
- 1/2 diced onion (sauteed with olive oil but no colouration)
- 1/4 cup diced blanched yukon gold potato (still crunchy!)
- 1/2 clove chopped garlic
- Salt & white ground pepper to taste
- Fresh ground nutmeg to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 sheet puff pastry
For the roux:
- 40 grs butter'
- 40 grs all purpose flour
- 1 cup cream
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Poached chicken breast (BNLS & SKNLS) set aside to cool, when cool cut in diced (1/2 inches)
- In a saucepan melt the butter (slowly / no coloration) when melted add flour & cook until the mix starts to turn golden or for 4 minutes a low heat, add cold chicken stock, the mix will thicken, cook for 10 minutes, add cream and seasoning, add blanched vegetables (the vegetables must be still crunchy!) the diced chicken and the herbs, cook together for 5 minutes. set aside
- Cut the puff pastry in circle (the circle must be 1 to 1.5 inches bigger than the dish you will be cooking the pot pie into) , set aside in fridge
- In a 8 oz ramequin pour the chicken pot pie mix (fill 3/4 up ), top with puff pastry, add egg wash
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is crispy golden brown.
Grey Goose Le Fizz
A sparklingly elegant cocktail, the Grey Goose Le Fizz is the perfect cocktail for raising a toast to the world's best in film.
- 1½ parts GREY GOOSE vodka
- 1 part ST-GERMAIN Elderflower liqueur
- ¾ part freshly squeezed lime juice
- Topped with 2 parts cold soda water
- Pour all ingredients except water into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake briefly over ice and double strain into a chilled flute.
- Top with soda water. Garnish with a stirrer.