Cool foods for hot summer days - On the Rocks
Johnathan MacCalder, Beverage director, e11even
Published Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:20AM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:21AM EDT
- 4 bottles of Ontario Sauvignon Blanc
- 8 oz apple liqueur
- 3 oranges, sliced
- 1 pineapple, cored and sliced
- 2 mangoes
- 4 yellow plums
- Strawberries and blueberries
Mix together and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- 4-5 strawberries
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 oz strawberry juice
- 4 oz guava juice
- 1 oz lemon juice Muddle strawberries with thyme
Add juices and serve over ice.
- 4-5 oz brewed peppermint tea
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
Muddle lime wedges with mint. Pour in tea. Serve over ice.
- 8-12 blueberries
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
Muddle blueberries, add in lemon juice and simple syrup. Top with water and serve over ice.
- 4-5 oz brewed coffee
- 2 oz condensed milk
MIx all ingredients together and serve over ice.
- 2 bottles each of Ontario Syrah and Pinot Noir
- 4 oz cassis (blackberry liqueur)
- 4 oz brandy
- Selection of cut strawberries, raspberries, watermelon cubes, blackberries, red plums, orange slices
Mix in a pitcher and refrigerate overnight.