Enter to win the Ultimate Beatles Collection
Published Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:36AM EST
The Beatles’ acclaimed original studio remasters make their way to vinyl this week with the North American release of an exclusive edition.
The boxed set includes 14 albums and a stunning book featuring a chapter dedicated to each of the 14 albums. Only 50,000 copies of this special edition are available in the world. Email your name, address and daytime phone number along with the title of your favourite Beatles tune to firstname.lastname@example.org. Act fast. The contest closes on Friday, Nov. 16, 2012.
ULTIMATE BEATLES VINYL COLLECTION
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
November 13, 2012 – November 16, 2012
1. TO ENTER the ULTIMATE BEATLES COLLECTION contest (the “Contest”)simply send an e-mail to email@example.com. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address and ten digit day time and evening telephone number and the name of your favourite Beatles’ song. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. Entries will be rejected if entry form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Contest starts at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 and closes on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:00 noon ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize (the "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada and sixteen (16) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win a prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts any such prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of one (1) The Beatles Remasters on Vinyl. Approximate retail value of the Prize is Three Hundred Eighty Dollars ($380.00) Cdn.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizeis unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On or after Monday, November 19, 2012 at approximately 2:00 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at Canada AM, 9 Channel Nine Court, Scarborough, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the a Prize, potential winner or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later then Friday, November 16, 2012.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves its right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at 9 Channel Nine Court, Scarborough, ON, M1S4B5.
10. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS FOR THE ULTIMATE BEATLES COLLECTION CONTEST
Super: No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 6:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 and closes on Friday, November 16, 2012 at 12:00 noon ET. Complete contest rules and regulations available at Canadaam.ctvmews.ca. Open to legal residents of Canada sixteen (16) years of age or older. Must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be declared a winner. Approximate retail value of the Prize is Three Hundred Eighty Dollars ($380.00) Cdn. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.